Photographs from the 2017 Dads’ Camping can be found HERE.
After an amazing year as Chair of The SHSPA my tenure is now nearly at an end – and we are looking for a parent volunteer to step into the Chair Role from the October 2017 AGM.
This is a great opportunity for somebody who wants to lead the fantastic PA Committee forward and help the SHSPA community thrive and grow – while having lots of fun along the way!
The SHSPA is supported positively by the School Senior Management Team – who regularly attend SHSPA Committee Meetings.
The Chair Role involves chairing one evening PA Committee Meeting per half term, running and attending PA events and liaising with parents and school staff when required.
If you think you are the person for the Chair Role, please get in touch!
Or perhaps there are two friends who are keen to work together as Co-Chairs? Or perhaps as Chair and Deputy Chair?
It’s a brilliant opportunity for somebody who wants to get fully involved in the SHS community – ensuring The SHSPA continues its great work fundraising for extra items across the three schools to enhance our childrens’ school life.
Please contact me if you would like to find out more about the Chair Role by emailing email@example.com
I look forward to hearing from you!
With warmest wishes
We are always keen to hear from parents, teachers and pupils who have ideas about how the Parents Association should spend the funds that we raise. We don’t fund school equipment that we would expect any school to have or form part of the core curriculum. We most certainly do fund activities and equipment that enhance the life of the pupils at the school. For examples of where we have spent our funds over the last few years, have a look here.
Please do contact us with your ideas using this form:
Dads Camping has become more and more popular over the years and we have had to limit the numbers to the same as last year on the school’s advice for safety reasons. This year the event sold out in record time which has resulted in some disappointment.
Should you have any questions or no longer wish to attend the event, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dads Camping Organising Committee
14 January 10-12 am Girls’ Prep Music Room (top floor)
A reminder of the next sale coming up the first Saturday after the children go back to school next term.
If you want to sell clothes and other games equipment (e.g. hockey sticks, tennis racquets etc.) then please go to here for full instructions. You keep 60% of the proceeds and the remaining 40% goes to the PA to raise funds for SHS events and extras for the children. You can leave your items in ANY reception and they will be collected and given to us to sort out before the next sale.
We have had several requests to sell ski clothes and equipment at this Winter sale so please have a sort through your lofts and bring in any items which your children have grown out at the same time. This is a new venture so it may take a while to build up stock but we need to start somewhere!
Items can be brought in on the day of the sale but if it is busy we can’t guarantee they can be sorted in time and they may need to be left until the next sale in April.
If you can offer any help to sort out the clothes before the sale on the afternoon of Friday 13 January or at the sale on Saturday 14 January then please contact Katrina us here.
Finally, often parents ask if there can be more sales than one a term. It does take a lot of time and effort to put on each sale so we have limited the number of sales which are held. However, if there are some parents (especially in the Prep schools) who would happily take on the responsibility of holding extra sales each term we would love to hear from you!